Sunday, October 26, 2008

The race

Sharon and I decided to run the Tufts 10k on Columbus Day. It is a race for women only. The race was great-it was my first since getting pregnant, so it was really nice to get out racing again. I have really missed it. The best parts for me were:

1. outsprinting a girl at the end.
2. all the free food and goodies after the race.
3. running along memorial drive and through the back bay without any traffic.
4. Not running with the jogging stroller.

Isaac and Aleks seemed to have a nice time watching, though Aleks almost missed me going by because he was trying to feed Isaac his carrots (mmmm...).

Here is Isaac enjoying his pre-race play time on the grass.




He really likes his Uncle Mike. I can't wait to see the other photo being taken here.


Sharon and I before the start. I had my lucky stars and stripes shorts on (Go USA!).


Isaac needed a little snack before I left to run and I needed to lose some unnecessary weight. Adventures in breastfeeding in weird places continues. I think that Aleks was trying to act like he was not taking a picture of us when he took this one-very discrete.



This is Isaac and his friend getting ready for the start of the race.


I guess that we did not take any photos during or after the race. Use your imagination...

5 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Everyone looks great - Mike, Isaac, Sharon, you -- great pictures, except I missed seeing Aleks!

Harmony said...

Isaac is SOOO cute!

Katie said...

Great pictures. I can't believe how fast Isaac is growing up!

"The Savages" said...

That's awesome! I have to get back into running- you inspire me! :)

Jardinefamily said...

Good for you and Sharon. I have decided that 10K is my race. Its just enough to be challenging by doesn't exhaust you like a half-marathon. You guys should come run a race out here in Utah, I would love to run (and try to keep up with) you. My friend ran a half marathon when her baby was 5 months. Running and breast feeding are hard to coordinate. You're awesome.