Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend in review

We are finishing up a nice weekend. Isaac had fun. One of the best parts was when Aleks and I took really long naps during Isaac's morning nap yesterday. Ahhh....

So, Isaac is getting stronger and more wiggly, making the diaper change a bit more challenging. I finally won when I put the package of wipes on his chest. It took him a while to decide to roll away from that one. He really wanted to play* with the wipes.



This afternoon we took advantage of the great weather and after church and lunch headed to the river to enjoy the sunshine. I fear that our nice sunny days are limited. Isaac really likes to be outside and thinks that grass and rotting leaves are pretty fun to play* with. The photos by the river make it look deceptively nice-you can't really make out all of the garbage and pollution in the river. I hear that there are plans to someday make it possible to swim in the river again without having to get a lot of shots afterward. That would be cool. I am not holding my breath, though.

Isaac also celebrated his eight month birthday today. He is really excelling in all of his baby stuff and has learned a lot, for instance: spitting up, drooling, eating pureed solid foods, sort of eating cheerios, making noises, learning how to get our attention by crying, smiling, laughing, hitting things, putting everything in his mouth, kicking his legs like a tadpole, sitting up, crawling backwards, charming people, lunging at toys in front of him, drinking from a sippy cup (sort of), turning on the ceiling fan, playing the piano with his dad, closing books, covering no small portion of the surface area of our Moroccan carpet with spit up, pulling the breastfeeding cover off (only sometimes embarrassing), giggling, eating paper, and scratching himself, to name a few. It has been an eventful eight months for this kid, No wonder he has to sleep so much!






Isaac's fun was topped of with a bath. Today he got to play* with the bath sponges that his grandma Forsberg got him. He thought that they were tasty.


* play=put in mouth and slobber a lot.

1 comment:

"The Savages" said...

I love all the pictures- he is so very cute!