Isaac turns one in just 11 more days. I can't believe it (but I sort of can). We have had quite the year.
The bouncy chair has probably been the most useful baby item we have had (except the crib?). Isaac did great in it when he was not mobile and now he loves to climb on it and play with it. At day care, his teachers have learned that they sometimes need to either let him go with the younger babies or bring a bouncy chair to him so he can play with it for a while and get his bouncy chair fix in. It is common for us to find him there bouncing a chair with some little baby that is trying to sleep. He has not learned to be really gentle, just yet.
Meal time is becoming more exciting. Isaac has learned about throwing his food when he does not want to eat it. It is pretty effective. I spent time yesterday on my hands and knees cleaning up all the crusty food that had dried there. his favorite foods are chili, jambalaya and anything spicy and flavorful. Bye, bye baby food, hello really smelly diapers.
Often when one of us is showering, Isaac starts to get excited and crawls to the bathroom and pears in. He manages to get everything pretty wet, but thinks it is one of the funniest things in the world.
He still likes his bath time (contrary to what the second photo is showing here). He gets so
excited and hyper that he now has a few bruises to show for it. I guess that is part of being a growing boy.
Aleks took this yesterday without me knowing. I probably wouldn't have let him do it since I fear waking Isaac up. After playing in his crib for about an hour, Isaac finally fell asleep like this and stayed this way for most of his really long nap. I went for a run, Aleks took a two hour nap and I did a lot of cleaning before he woke up. What a life!
3 comments:
What a cute little boy. So fun to see pictures of him as is grows and changes.
Great photos. He's even more fun in real life but skyping is a close 2nd.
He is such a handsome little boy!
I HATE it when they throw food on the floor. I'm still dealing with that daily too. It is impossible to keep the floors clean.
Post a Comment