We finally captured William in good form this morning. Love those smiles. Unfortunately it was followed a while later by this:

Unfortunately Isaac is learning the power of violence this week. We had to get a book called "Hands are not for hitting". It is kind of embarrassing to have your kid hit other kids at the playground, even though I know it is not abnormal toddler behavior (believe me I have been reading about it like crazy). But still I do not enjoy having to pull my child away from some innocent kid. I am pretty sure that it must be related to William coming in to the family and the decrease in attention that Isaac is getting. He definitely gets more attention this way. Any ideas or experience with this one?
The other night Isaac decided to help me out with cleaning. It was great. Hopefully this behavior continues.

William has also discovered toys. It is nice to see him becoming more aware of his world, even if it is only the fish on his swing.

Unfortunately Isaac is learning the power of violence this week. We had to get a book called "Hands are not for hitting". It is kind of embarrassing to have your kid hit other kids at the playground, even though I know it is not abnormal toddler behavior (believe me I have been reading about it like crazy). But still I do not enjoy having to pull my child away from some innocent kid. I am pretty sure that it must be related to William coming in to the family and the decrease in attention that Isaac is getting. He definitely gets more attention this way. Any ideas or experience with this one?
The other night Isaac decided to help me out with cleaning. It was great. Hopefully this behavior continues.
William has also discovered toys. It is nice to see him becoming more aware of his world, even if it is only the fish on his swing.
5 comments:
I totally went through that with Noah. He outgrew so many difficult things like that around his 3rd birthday. In the mean time I found that if I did something bold like leave the park, playdate or play group abruptly after an incident of hitting, Noah knew I was serious about my warnings. It totally stinks, though. I hate leaving like that. My sister's little girl went through a hitting phase and my sis got to the point where she could just tell by the look in her daughter's eye that she was going to hit. She was able to pull her away from incidents almost always before something bad happened. So exhausting, though. I promise if nothing else, he WILL grow out of it:) good luck!
Carolyn taught Jacob to say, "hugs, not slugs," and that worked well.
While I was out there, when you said we were going to the park Isaac would say ,"No shoving." I guess he's forgotten that momentarily.
You would help around the house a lot when you were a little kid (a big one, too btw). I remember you running to the cupboard to get a rag when something spilled on the floor. You always wanted to help clean. I loved it. Is that genetic?
I think I may need to get that book too. Still having troubles with Jack hitting Lucas. I've tried tons of different punishments and nothing is helping long-term. It's really bothersome to me.
Post a Comment