Isaac and I had a good conversation in the car. I think that this is the beginning of many more open communications between mother and son. It began with me asking about a female friend at daycare. He told me that she pushed him. Then he mentioned another girl who has pushed him. We talked about how to respond to pushing (I was careful not to mention that we should not push back for fear of the power of suggestion-he does not need any suggestions for that). We discussed and practiced say: "Please don't push me" (he did great). Then he said the following:
"Girls aren't good for me. I don't like to play with girls, they push me. Boys are good for me. They don't push me. Boys are fun to play with."
YES!!! Just the attitude that we have been aiming for. Keep those girls at a distance until his twenties. I suspect that we still might have to resort to our original plan of assisting the development of social awkwardness (should not be hard since we can easily lead by example there), wearing the same clothes for the whole week, and wearing a coat at all time to cover said clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment