Thursday, December 9, 2010

When I grow up, I will be...

Tonight we were looking at a picture of Jesus as a boy and talking about him growing up. Isaac said that he is going to get bigger and become a horse. I asked him what he will do then and he said live in a barn, eat hay and become a cow. He proceeded to rattle off all the other farm animals that he will become after that. I think it might be tricky to impress on him that being born in a stable/barn is not the greatest thing in the world. Maybe next Christmas he will understand that Jesus was not the luckiest kid in the world in that respect.

2 comments:

Julie Markham said...

I think Isaac already knows how to yank your chain...

Anonymous said...

Isaac's mother used to say she wanted to grow up to be a man. Can weird ideas of what we want to be when we grow up be genetic?